Special Event Permit: Application
Many special events are held throughout San Luis Obispo annually ranging from fun runs, festivals, parades, crafts fairs and more. For more information on the Special Event Permitting process, contact Dave Setterlund, Recreation Supervisor, at (805) 781-7067.
All organizers wishing to host a special event within the City of San Luis Obispo must thoroughly complete a Special Events Permit Application.
- Note: This application is best viewed in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Downloading and saving the PDF application is suggested for ease of use.
- The application must be received at least 90 days prior to the event.
- All special event fees applicable to your event are determined by the fee policy included in the Special Events Ordinance.
- Park Only Fee: $100 (non-refundable)
- Encroachment Fee: $160 (non-refundable)
- Full Park:
- Daily: $460
- Mission Plaza Fee:
- Non-profit: $460
- For Profit: $560