Police and Community Together (PACT) was created in 2017. PACT represents a committed and diverse group of community members and advocates that have partnered with SLOPD to affect positive social change through dialogue, education and understanding. The police department has officers and staff that serve as liaisons to each of the community groups. All work together to develop training that is important for police officers and staff to experience and in turn, training for the community groups to learn about policing.
PACT will develop and preserve community partnership, increase awareness and acceptance of diversity in the San Luis Obispo Police Department and community through inclusion, education and collaboration. The PACT is committed to cultivating a culturally inclusive environment where diversity is valued and respected.
· Captain Chris Staley - Muslim Community
· Officer Dustin Alexander - African American Community
· Christine Wallace - Student Community
· Officer Josh Walsh - Jewish Community
· Detective Suzie Walsh - LGBTQ Community
· Officer Miguel Lozano - Latino Community
· Officer Paul Sisemore - Interfaith Community